There was an old cabin in the woods. It was rumored that there lived an witches coven who blended magical brews in their cauldrons. It was only on Hallows Eve that the town folk were fearless. The aromas of cinnamon and spice filled the air and beckoned anyone in their vicinity to their door. Taking the young ones trick or treating left most exhausted and the siren call of a warm fire and a hot drink could not be turned down. Upon entry one is greeted by other townsfolk who were lured by the promise of warmth and hospitality.
“Yummm, There is no Eye of Newt or Toe of Frog in this brew!” a guest proclaimed.
” Oh, There was some bubble, bubble, but it really wasn’t much of a toil and trouble to make. Would you like the recipe?” asked the witch?
Hot Buttered Rum With Apple Cider
Serves 4 small cups or 2 big mugs
- 2 cups Apple Cider
- 1 cup Dark Rum or more depending on taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons Brown sugar
- a few cloves to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Whipped Cream
- In a saucepan melt butter with brown sugar. Do not burn sugar.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and cider.Heat until almost a boil.
- Add rum and lower heat to simmer a few minutes.
- Strain while pouring into cups.
- Top with with whipped cream.