Last spring I had the pleasure of meeting with representative of Jassn Ceramic Knives at the International Housewares Show. Over the months we started a dialogue. The whole use of Ceramic Knives is new to me. Admired form afar, but never had the opportunity to try them, let alone own them. As a food blogger, I admit I have a lot of knowledge about food related items, but still have so much more to discover and learn. Mikal was kind enough to send me a set and we talked about how I can spread the word about this great company. Whats sets Jassn apart for me from other ceramic knives is the sheer beauty. As a visual person I was blown away by the beauty of the knives. Particularly , this set called the Four Seasons.
Beautiful, strong and tough. I was an added bonus to know that ceramic knives have a longer longevity than other knives, stay sharper, and are just below a diamond in hardness. They wont interact with your foods, absorb odors, and are non porous. All wins for when you work in the kitchen.Ceramic knives are to used only for fruit, vegetables, and fish without bones. I decided to give my knives a whirl while chopping vegetables for a delicious vegan fried rice.
Here is the recipe as promised for the Vegetable Fried Rice.
In addition I will be offering a giveaway to my readers for a 5 inch ceramic Jassn Knive with a $45 MSRP. Please leave a comment and spread the word. I will chose one winner July 10, 2011.
All of my readers are eligible for a 15% discount for purchasing Jassn Ceramic Knives . Use the discount code coco-cooks.Click Here.
- 2-3 cups of cooked rice ( 1 day old or more, refrigerated)
- ½ cup sliced cabbage
- ½ cup died carrots
- ½ cup zucchini
- ½ cup onion
- ½ cup mushrooms
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 eggs beaten
- ⅛ cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce to finish
- In a separate skillet fry your beaten egg and set aside. Slice into slivers.
- Heat wok or skillet with the 2 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add onions and cook until almost translucent.
- Add zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, cabbage. Cook until softened.
- Crumble cooked refrigerated rice until loose, and add to pan with vegetables.
- Stir until vegetables and rice are mixed.
- Add cooked egg.Stir in.
- Add Soy Sauce and cook a few more minutes.
- Finish with Fish Sauce . Cook 1 minute and remove from heat. Serve hot.