When another shipment arrived, I wanted something quick, but elegant. Being winter ,tons of potatoes arrive in my organic delivery. In order to use them up,I’ve been playing with potato galettes and other dishes.Is there anything more elegant than a paper thin slice from a mandolin? I knew sheer potato slices would be perfect for the fish. For the beef fillet, I pulverized dried porcini mushrooms into a fine dust and seasoned with salt and pepper.
This meal didn’t take long, and within 45 minutes to an hour, I had dinner on the table for two. The key is preparation. You want to slice your potatoes quickly and season, and wrap. The recipe I used for inspiration for the sea bass can be found here. I skipped the chilling part, and dealt with unraveling potatoes , which I saved. So I suggest you chill your fish. I used the wine sauce as a bed for both the fish and steak served with roasted vegetables.
|Porcini Rubbed Fillet|
- 1 pint dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 2 Fillets of Beef
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- olive oil
- In a food processor or spice meal, grind the dried porcinis to a fine powder.
- Toss the fillets in the Porcini powder to coat.
- Heat non stick skillet to med high with olive oil. You will have to adjust heat if too high, etc.
- Add fillets to pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear each side 8 min on each side for rare, Increase time to desired level of doneness.
- Let sit/rest for a few minutes and serve.
Certified Steak and Seafood is offering you $25 off your entire order. I think you will pleased with the high quality of their products.
This sponsorship is brought to you by Certified Steak & Seafood Company who we have partnered with for this promotion.