Here is a quick and easy recipe to add to your holiday or just regular table as a side. A little back story…growing up I hated sweet potatoes. Candied or in pie, I just couldn’t fall in love with them.I dreaded when holidays arrived and I had to eat my obligatory spoonful. No matter who made them, I just didn’t like that orange sweet mush.Now, I love them. I love them most in their simplest form, roasted. So rather than dump a ton of brown sugar, butter, and marshmallows (shudder) on your sweets, next time try this. Honey is a natural healing sweetener that pairs perfectly with this root vegetable chock full of anti oxidants.
Roasted Honeyed Sweets
* I used a raw honey which is pure, healthier, and is more solid in form. I melted it slightly before use on the stove. Use either clarified runny or raw honey. The choice is yours.
Quantities can be adjusted for amount of servings.
- Sweet Potatoes with skin , washed
- Olive Oil to coat
- Kosher Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey for every sweet potato used
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut sweet potatoes in wedges , with skin.
- Toss in olive oil generously to coat.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Kosher Salt to taste.
- Roast for 15 minutes until tender.
- Take honey( which has been pre melted if raw) and toss over sweet potatoes on baking sheet.
- Continue to roast for another 5 minutes or so.
- Serve hot.