How was your Thanksgiving ? I have to say its one of my favorite cooking holidays, even if I’m just cooking for two. Things are picking up at this time of year, and I love quick tasty ideas to whip up. Certain Someone and my new work colleagues declared this recipe for Pillsbury Chocolate Almond Crescent Rolls a winner. I adapted a hero recipe from Pillsbury and added my own flair to it. It immediately took me back to my favorite snack as a student in Paris, Pain au Chocolate, with a luxurious almond twist, so perfect for the winter holidays.
The Pillsbury Chocolate Almond Crescent Rolls take one back to a French Boulangerie. Warm flaky Crescent Rounds filled with chocolate and almond paste are sure to be holiday breakfast or brunch treat.
Check out some more Pillsbury Crescent recipes here.
- 1 Package of Pillsbury Crescent Rounds
- 7 oz or less of Almond paste
- 1/ 2 cup milk or dark chocolate chips
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- ½ cup blanched slivered almonds
- Confectioners sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Take out a non stick baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat
- Carefully unroll the Pillsbury Crescent Round Dough,
- Taking each round, unroll it to make a long strip.
- Add pinches of almond dough along the strip and top with chocolate chips.
- Carefully roll back into a round and place flat on the baking sheet.
- Seal edges.
- In a small bowl beat egg and cream to form an egg wash.
- Brush the egg wash over tops and sides of each roll.
- Top each roll with blanched slivered almonds.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.
Happy Holidays. I really enjoy thinking outside of the box and creating these recipes for General Mills. Don’t stress these holidays and learn to utilize tasty shortcuts when the occasions call for it.
*I have a received compensation from General Mills and my opinions are my own.